So What Exactly Is In The Paris Climate Accord?
New Climate Deal Keeps Paris Accord Alive, Draws Path To Implementation
Additional resources to think about
The Greenhouse Effect and Greenhouse Gases
Use this infographic and lesson to learn about the greenhouse effect and find out how scientists study climate change with data collected from ice cores.
Global Climate Change: Understanding the Greenhouse Effect
With this lesson plan, students can explore the effect of greenhouse gases on Earth's atmosphere today, and consider human impact on global warming.
Family Works to Keep Business in Motion Amidst Climate Change
This PBS NewsHour video from the Student Reporting Labs shows how rising temperatures from climate changing are hurting a snowmobile business.
Who created this message?
- What kind of “text” is it?
- How similar or different is it to others of the same genre?
- What are the various elements (building blocks) that make up the whole?
What creative techniques are used to attract my attention?
- What do you notice (about the way the message is constructed)?
- What’s the emotional appeal?
- What makes it seem “real?”
- Are there any symbols? Persuasive devices used?
How might different people understand this message differently from me?
- How many other interpretations could there be?
- How could we hear about them?
- How can you explain the different responses?
What lifestyles, values, and points of view are represented in, or omitted from, this message?
- What type of person is the reader/watcher/listener invited to identify with?
- What ideas or perspectives are left out?
- How would you find what’s missing?
- What judgments or statements are made about how we treat other people?
Why is this message being sent?
- What's being sold in this message? What's being told?
- Who is served by or benefits from the message
– the public?
– private interests?
Should the U.S. reenter the Paris Climate Accord?
How was your Thinkalong experience?
We actively use feedback to provide better resources to students and educators, so please take 1 minute to provide feedback and help us improve.