Share to Google Classroom
Parents: Teens Are Still Vaping, Despite Flavor Ban. Here's What They're Using
The FDA Postpones A Long-Awaited Decision On Juul's Vaping Products
Additional resources to think about
Is Vaping Safer than Cigarettes?
In this episode, Reactions takes a look at the science and chemistry of e-cigs. Is vaping actually safer than cigarettes?
Electronic Cigarettes, What's The Bottom Line | CDC
This brochure from the Centers for Disease Control contains information about e-cigarettes and their health effects.
Why Is Vaping So Popular?
Above the Noise explores the popularity of vaping and social media's role in the rise of the products.
No more flavored Juuls? Planet Earth says good riddance. | YR Media
Even before the FDA starting thinking about banning flavored Juuls, one thing was clear: juuling is not only bad for your health, Planet Earth isn't a big fan either.
5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know
Johns Hopkins Medicine outlines facts and fiction about e-cigarette and vape products.
Who created this message?
- What kind of “text” is it?
- How similar or different is it to others of the same genre?
- What are the various elements (building blocks) that make up the whole?
What creative techniques are used to attract my attention?
- What do you notice (about the way the message is constructed)?
- What’s the emotional appeal?
- What makes it seem “real?”
- What's the emotional appeal? Persuasive devices used?
How might different people understand this message differently from me?
- How many other interpretations could there be?
- How could we hear about them?
- How can you explain the different responses?
What lifestyles, values, and points of view are represented in, or omitted from, this message?
- What type of person is the reader/watcher/listener invited to identify with?
- What ideas or perspectives are left out?
- How would you find what’s missing?
- What judgments or statements are made about how we treat other people?
Why is this message being sent?
- What's being sold in this message? What's being told?
- Who is served by or benefits from the message
– the public?
– private interests?
Do the health risks of vape products and e-cigarettes outweigh the benefits?
How was your Thinkalong experience?
We actively use feedback to provide better resources to students and educators, so please take 1 minute to provide feedback and help us improve.